I offer 2 ways for you to utilize physiyoga:
Home Practice & Private lessons
Home practice (under construction)
I have developed an at home practice that starts at a very basic/therapeutic level and can take you through to a full yoga sequence. The exercises and sequences are separated by target body part to be worked on and by level of difficulty. The three levels of difficulty are Therapeutic, Modified Practice, and Intermediate Practice.
- Therapeutic videos: are grouped by start position (supine, prone, quadruped, sitting,standing) do them in this order, they are designed to build upon themselves using movement concepts and body awareness techniques. It is safest to do the exercises in this order.
- Each group consists of 4-5 exercises, each exercise is approximately 2 minutes. They are designed to teach subtle concepts and not be very strenuous. Here are some suggestions for practicing them:
- Try to perform without any distractions around
- Take your time to move through them and learn the subtleties of movement
- A few repetitions may be necessary to really “feel” what the actions are
Disclaimer: Videos cannot replicate an in person evaluation and treatment plan. If you have an injury that persists, consult us directly for an evaluation or your physician.
I have created a novel approach which includes a comprehensive physical evaluation which combines traditional physical therapy tests with yoga asana assessment postures. Findings of your exam are quickly analyzed to provide you with a customized treatment program.
This program consists of mindful realignment, yoga asana, breathing and functional exercises
Private lessons can occur at KIMA Wellness (22nd St & 5th Avenue, NY), Kula Yoga in Tribeca, or your home or place of business.
- Please have a yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, a blanket and a yoga strap
- There is a small additional charge for travel, and a 24 hour cancellation policy.
For home or business visits:
Please contact us for pricing and scheduling.